Kimberley Quest is a long standing company, specialising in Kimberley cruises on-board the award-winning vessel the 'Kimberley Quest II'.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Be actively involved with the daily running of the vessel ensuring the comfort and safety of all persons onboard are maintained at very high standards
- Liaise with the vessel master and other members of crew and office at all times to ensure duties & activities are within the company expectations and requirement
- Attend to all guest requirements
- Maintenance & cleanliness of all areas on the vessel (guest & crew cabins, galley, dining, sundeck etc)
- Management of vessel laundry including guest and crew linen. (To be folded & put away)
- Assisting with excursions when required. This includes helping guests get on/off tenders
- Participating in excursions when requested from the captain, helping & guiding guests on the onshore walks
- Serving meals & drinks to guests when required
- Chef or stewardess to be visible while guests are eating in case passengers have any requirements
- Table / buffet set up. This also includes packing away and clearing of plates from tables
- Organising entertainment for the guests. E.g. Dress up night, celebrity heads & board games
- Manage stock take of all beverages. This also includes merchandise, jewellery and cleaning products
- The stewardesses are in charge of promoting, selling and taking care of all jewellery & merchandise.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a customer service/hospitality position
- Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide attention to detail and customer service at the highest level
- Organisation and time management
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Previous experience in the Kimberley tourism industry would be advantageous but not essential
- Knowledge of the Kimberley region
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Approved managers license (Alcohol)
- Elements of shipboard safety (ESS)
- Only applicants who will be in Broome long-term will be considered for this position
This is a contract position rostered 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off. This may vary from time to time depending on the vessel itinerary.
01 February 2024
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your written application via email to Clare Marquis at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our office for further details on the position on (08) 9193 6131.