POSITION AVAILABLE FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Kimberley Quest is a long standing company, specialising in Kimberley cruises on-board the award-winning vessel the 'Kimberley Quest II'.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Be actively involved with the daily running of the vessel ensuring the comfort and safety of all persons onboard are maintained at very high standards
- Liaise with the vessel master and other members of crew and office at all times to ensure duties & activities are within the company expectations and requirement
- Attend to all guest requirements
- Maintenance & cleanliness of all areas on the vessel (guest & crew cabins, galley, dining, sundeck etc)
- Management of vessel laundry including guest and crew linen. (To be folded & put away)
- Assisting with excursions when required. This includes helping guests get on/off tenders
- Participating in excursions when requested from the captain, helping & guiding guests on the onshore walks
- Serving meals & drinks to guests when required
- Chef or stewardess to be visible while guests are eating in case passengers have any requirements
- Table / buffet set up. This also includes packing away and clearing of plates from tables
- Organising entertainment for the guests. E.g. Dress up night, celebrity heads & board games
- Manage stock take of all beverages. This also includes merchandise, jewellery and cleaning products
- The stewardesses are in charge of promoting, selling and taking care of all jewellery & merchandise.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a customer service/hospitality position
- Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide attention to detail and customer service at the highest level
- Organisation and time management
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Previous experience in the Kimberely tourism industry would be advantageous but not essential
- Knowledge of the Kimberley region
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Approved managers license (Alcohol)
- Elements of shipboard safety (ESS)
- Only applicants who will be in Broome long-term will be considered for this position
This is a contract position rostered 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off. This may vary from time to time depending on the vessel itinerary.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your written application via email to Clare Marquis at email@example.com or contact our office for further details on the position on (08) 9193 6131.