Kimberley Quest is a long standing tourist operator, specialising in Kimberley cruises on-board the award winning Kimberley Quest II. Our cruises operate from March through to November throughout the remote Kimberley coast between Broome and Wyndham for up to 18 passengers. Our company is currently seeking a Chef to join our team which entails working on-board the Kimberley Quest II alongside five other crew members.
The chef plays an integral role in any cruising expedition. Being able to work independently as well as a team member of our company is highly important. Working efficiently and professionally, you will need to create 5 star meals with presentation and guest requirements in mind. You will be required to order and manage vessel stores forward planning for up to a month at a time. Individualism, innovation, passion for food and creating memorable experiences are essential to the overall cruising experience.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reporting to the Captain and management team
- Excellent communication skills, personality and liaising with guests as well as the whole team
- Preparation of all meals to the highest standard for 18 guests and 5 other crew members (crew eat the same as guests).
- Responsible daily for: breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon canap�s, dinner and dessert.
- Provide a variety of choices for each meal as well as cater for specific dietary requirements.
- Ability to adapt and be creative with available stores provided for two weeks - no supermarkets in the Kimberley region.
- Ordering of vessel stores and own menu planning.
- Liaison with other chef with regards to ordering requirements.
- Work in partnership with the Stewardess.
- Available while guests are eating meals in case passengers have any requirements.
- Responsible for all kitchen & dining areas.
- Be able to work flexible/long hours.
- Keep galley, storage, fridges and freezers clean.
- Clean & maintain company equipment to the highest standards.
- Support the vessel master and other crew members.
- An ability to work and live in a small ship environment.
- Be actively involved with the daily running of the vessel, ensuring that the comfort and safety of all persons aboard are maintained at very high standards.
- Ensure that all work complies within company policy and procedures including OH&S and any legislative requirements.
- Qualified Chef.
- Senior First Aid.
- Police Clearance.
- Previous employment as a chef on-board another vessel or hospitality experience is preferred.
- Elements of Shipboard Safety (ESS)
A swing roster of approximately 2 weeks on and two weeks off. This may vary from time to time depending on the vessel itinerary.
SALARY / RENUMERATION
Day rate offered dependent on level of experience and/or skills.
Broome / Kimberley
01 February 2024
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your written application via email to Clare Marquis at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our office for further details on the position on (08) 9193 6131.